Scheduling Meeting Rooms & Labs @ TES
To schedule a room or chromebook cart for use at TES, you will need to schedule the resource using your Google Calendar. Simply create an event, and invite the resource to book a room or cart.
What is a Resource Calendar?
A calendar resource is anything you schedule that isn’t an event. The most common example is a meeting room. Other examples might include projectors, company fleet cars, guest offices, recreation equipment, or any other resource that the people in your organization might schedule a time to use.
Adding Resources to a Calendar Event
When you add a meeting room or other resource to an event, it’s booked for your meeting only, so other people in your organization can’t book it during that time.
Before you book / schedule a resource, check to make sure it’s available. Use the links on the left hand side to check the resource calendar for a specific room or cart, and if it’s available when you need it, invite the resource to the event to book it for your use. Follow the steps below to add a resource to an event.
Check the resource calendars here. You must be logged into your @Kenstonapps.org account to view the resource calendars.
How to add a resource to an event
- Sign in to your Google Calendar.
- If this is a new meeting, click a time in your calendar, and then click Edit event.
- If this is an existing meeting, click the name of the meeting in your calendar.
- On the right side of the event where you add guests, click the Rooms, etc. link.
- Scroll through the list of resources to find the one you want.
- The resource is added to the Where section in the Event details tab, and to the participants list in the Find a time tab. It is also listed in the Guests list.
- If you need to remove a resource you just added, find the resource in the Guests list and click the X beside it.
- Click Save.