In order to strengthen student safety, our annual School Bus Evacuation Drills were conducted. Drivers reviewed procedures for evacuating the bus in the event of an emergency. Students practiced the emergency procedures for exiting through the front entrance, rear emergency door and half exiting through the front and the other through the rear door. Students them assembled at least 100 feet from the bus.
Here are instructions to review with your children.
- Listen to the driver’s instructions for the correct exit.
- Be calm, quiet and don’t panic.
- Leave your belongings behind.
- Exit seat by seat alternating rows.
- Leave the bus quickly without pushing, or shouting.
- Walk to a safe place and stay together.