**International Festival** You must use your kenstonapps.org account for access to this document.
**Link to passwords** for resources, must have a Kenston Google Apps account.
Use this document to help access information on countries of the world. Link to document
InfoBits was acquired by the Kenston Local School District during the 2015-2016 school year. You can access this resource here. Please consult your school library specialist for the username and password for home use. (Path to Google Classroom – Path to Google Drive)
Tip Sheet for Kids InfoBits
Link to bookmark with passwords for library digital resources.
BookFlix -Literacy resource that pairs classic video storybooks with related nonfiction e-books to build a love of reading and learning. Storia for 4th grade. Access this page to set-up your classroom account.
INFOhio Parent Pages information and resources for parents on reading, homework, and helping your child use INFOhio resources, transition successfully through different stages of education, or prepare for assessments
All About OHIO
- Famous Ohioans! Includes Famous Ohioans game
- Heartland Science Ohio’s legacy of discovery & innovation
- Ohio As America Online textbook
- Ohio History Connection Information about Ohio’s natural history, prehistory and history.
- Ohio Inventors Includes Ohio inventors game.
- Ohio Memory Be sure to look under “Education Resources, then Featured Topics”
- Ohio Ready to Read – Promoting literacy in children aged 0-5 and students grades K-3
- Ohio Ready to Read Library – Collection of storytime outlines, booklists, scripts, sample publications, links, and other tools to plan early literacy activities
- Ohio rootsweb Links to county, township, village and other state organizations
- Ohio Tourism All about tourism and recreation in Ohio
- Profile Ohio From the Secretary of State
- Biography Reference Bank– Covers more than 550,000 individuals from early times to today
- Explora for Grades preK-5 Learn about any subject with magazines, pictures, country information and primary sources.
- Kids.gov – A search engine for U.S. Government Web pages for children
- National Park Service – August 25, 1916
- Science Online – Videos, images, diagrams, experiments and articles about science, math and technology. (Includes text-to-speech)
- Country Reports
- Flags of the World CIA World Factbook
- Kids World Travel Guide Countries listed in left menu
- National Geographic Use the search box to find country information
- Time for Kids Around the World
- Worldbook Early World of Learning – for preschoolers and children in the early grades
- Worldbook Kids – Grades K-5
- Worldbook Timelines
Just for Teachers
- Google and Gale Resources (Google Classroom and Google Drive)
- Great Websites for Kids – Organized by subject, opening page has “Site of the Week”
- Making Meaning From Text – Videos showing how reading comprehension skills can be developed during the process of reading aloud to students
- Enciclopedia Estudiantil Hallazgos – Online Spanish language encyclopedia
- L’Encyclopédie Découverte – Online French language encyclopedia
- Growing Readers 20 sites to improve literacy, ages 0-12
- ReadWorks Reading comprehension skills lessons and units for teachers, also reading passages – grades K-8
- Word Hippo Find synonyms, antonyms and rhyming words
- **NEW** 2016-2017 AIR Practice Tests
- AIR Practice tests for students from ODE
- Announcements for Ohio’s State Test Portal 09-25-15
- Ohio Achievement Practice Tests for students, must login
- Student Practice Test Site – Sign In
Third Grade Reading Guarantee Resources
- Pinterest Board
- *NEW* Third Grade Reading Guarantee – Reading Round the Clock Flyers and videos that give easy tips for working reading practice into everyday activities.
- INFOhio Video Collection – Online digital video from INFOhio, the information network for Ohio schools (K-12)
- Mr. Nussbaum – Site created by elementary teacher for grades PreK-6
- PBS Kids Games and videos for kids (PreK – 2)
- PBS Learning Media – Search by grade and subject for video clips, lessons and more!