August 3, 2021
Dear Kenston Intermediate School Families:
The KIS staff and I are excited to welcome you for the start of the 2021-2022 school year. A special welcome to our incoming fourth grade students and all the new families to the Kenston School District. Of course we are happy to welcome back our incoming fifth grade students as they begin their final year at KIS. We look forward to welcoming all our students on the first day of school, Thursday, August 19th.
While the students have been away from the building, plenty of activity has taken place to prepare for the new school year. The custodial and maintenance teams in the district have done a wonderful job cleaning, repairing, and making enhancements to the campus as well as our building. Our teachers are busy preparing for student arrival. As the final days of summer wind down, please take a moment to review a few important items of information listed below.
Complete Annual Census Verification
If you have not done so already, please be sure to complete the Census Verification process by following the directions found here: Census Verification
Census Verification should be completed as soon as possible.
New to District Open House
If you and your family are brand new to Kenston and you have a child starting in 4th or 5th grade, you are invited to walk and tour the building on Tuesday, August 17th from 9:30am-10:30am.
Meet the Teacher
On Tuesday, August 17th from 8:30am to 9:30am you and your child(ren) may stop in to visit the classroom, walk the building, meet the teacher, and drop off school supplies any time during this hour.
Wednesday, August 25th
7:00pm – 8:00pm
A few other important items:
- Teacher Assignments will be released via Infinite Campus on Wednesday, August 11th after 3:30pm. We will not be mailing postcards this year.
- Parent Portal in Infinite Campus will be opened Wednesday, August 11th.
- Information regarding transportation will be available in Infinite Campus on Friday, August 6th.
- Click Here for the 5th Grade Supply List
- Click Here for the 4th Grade Supply List
- Click Here for the Lunch Menu
- All students who are riding the bus are assumed to be transported home each day. If your child is to be transported to a daycare, and you have not already done so, please complete the electronic form that indicates where your child is going at the end of the day. Child Care and Shared Parenting Transportation Form. Please note: The form was due July 30th. If you submit a form after this date, please arrange alternative transportation until your request is confirmed by the transportation department.
- Medication Drop Off- If your child will require medicine to be kept at school, we are asking that you drop off medications during the following drop off times: Tuesday, August 17th- 9:00-3:00 or Wednesday, August 18th- 9:00-3:00. All medications must be in its original packaging or container. The necessary forms should be completed in advance. The forms can be found on our district website as well as here.
- Car Rider Tags will be available for pick up beginning Tuesday, August 17th at the Meet the Teacher event. The car rider tags will be available in the Main Office after the Meet the Teacher event. You must have a car rider tag in order to pick up your child during dismissal. A separate email will be sent outlining this process. To request a car rider tag, you can access the form here.
We hope that everyone has had an enjoyable summer and we will see you soon!
If you have further questions regarding the opening of the 2021-2022 school year, feel free to contact Kenston Intermediate School at 440-543-9722.
All the best,