“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
ELA: As you read, feel free to use the audio as you read. Be sure to FOLLOW ALONG in the book — read along with the audio. This will truly help you to comprehend, improve your fluency, and help you to remember the chapter.
Annotations Guidelines for ROTHMC — Each Chapter
-Use your strategies to annotate thoughtfully FIVE times.
-Write the central idea on the last page of the chapter
-Give the chapter a title on the 1st page
-Identify THREE big ideas and write a possible theme for the chapter on the first page
Audio for ROTHMC
HELA: As you read, feel free to use the audio as you read. Be sure to FOLLOW ALONG in the book — read along with the audio. This will truly help you to comprehend, improve your fluency, and help you to remember the chapter. Be sure to annotate on the character archetypes and the monomyth. Interpret the theory flexibly.
UPCOMING DUE DATES
- You must finish reading your current (2nd) IR book by Tuesday, 21 February 2017.
- Vocabulary Workshop Study Tools — Click on the Links below
- Vocabulary Workshop Expectations/Instructions — This is bi-weekly
- Read the unit passage. The audio is linked here. As you read, annotate 5x on word meaning and context clues.
- Read the definitions in the definition section. Fill the words in to complete the sentences.
- Go back and reread (2nd draft read) the passage. This time, your lens is the effect of the words. Annotate 5x on the effect of the word on the reader. Examples of effect include — It made me visualize, it emphasized, it demonstrated, it revealed.
- Complete the choose the right word section. Underline context clues.
- Complete the Completing the Sentence Section. Underline context clues.
- Choose one writing prompt. Complete in Google Classroom.
- Purchasing books through scholastic earns points for our classroom. Books can be purchased online by clicking on the button below. Be sure to enter our class code: MNBLH.