Scheduling Meeting Rooms, Carts, & Labs @ KMS
To schedule a room or computer lab for use at KMS, you will need to schedule the resource using your Google Calendar. Simply create an event, and invite the resource to book a room or lab. There’s no need to check the signup sheet in the lab itself – the resource calendars will show you if the resource is available.
What is a Resource Calendar?
A calendar resource is anything you schedule that isn’t an event. The most common example is a meeting room. Other examples might include projectors, company fleet cars, guest offices, recreation equipment, or any other resource that the people in your organization might schedule a time to use.
Adding Resources to a Calendar Event
When you add a meeting room or other resource to an event, it’s booked for your meeting only, so other people in your organization can’t book it during that time.
Before you book / schedule a resource, check to make sure it’s available. Use the links on the left hand side to check the resource calendar for a specific room, and if it’s available when you need it, invite the resource to the event to book it for your use. Follow the steps below to add a resource to an event.
Check the resource calendars here. You must be logged into your @Kenstonapps.org account to view the resource calendars.
How to add a resource to an event
- Sign in to your Google Calendar.
- If this is a new meeting, click a time in your calendar, and then click Edit event.
- If this is an existing meeting, click the name of the meeting in your calendar.
- On the right side of the event where you add guests, click the Rooms, etc. link.
- Scroll through the list of resources to find the one you want.
- The resource is added to the Where section in the Event details tab, and to the participants list in the Find a time tab. It is also listed in the Guests list.
- If you need to remove a resource you just added, find the resource in the Guests list and click the X beside it.
- Click Save.
If a resource seems to be available, but always declines your events, ask your administrator to change the sharing options for the resource to See all event details or to give you specific permission to book the resource. Also note that for recurring events, the resource must be available for at least 1/3 of the events and can’t be unavailable for more than 5 instances of the event.