– There is a dog whistle in one of the Beatles songs
There is a rumor that at the end of the song, “A Day In The Life,” Paul McCartney recorded an ultrasonic whistle, audible only for dogs, just for his Shetland Sheepdog.
– Dogs don’t just see black and white
It is indeed a myth, it’s believed that dogs can see primarily in blue, greenish-yellow, yellow and various shades of grey.
– Dogs are as smart a 2-year-old
Dogs roughly understand 250 words and gestures.
– 30 percent of dalmatians are deaf in one ear
A genetic predisposition to deafness is a serous health problem for dalmatians.
– The first mammal to orbit Earth was a stray dog
A Russian stray dog named Laika was the first living mammal to orbit Earth in 1957.
– The poodles ‘haircut’ was originally to improve its swimming abilities
– The Doberman breed was created in the 1860’s by Louis Dobermann, a German tax collector who created the dog to protect him while he worked