The Bomber Bowlers have rolled yet another great season! The teams welcomed three, new members this year! The new blended with the old to form two well-rounded, unique, and close-knit groups all hoping for the same result—success! Both teams displayed improvement from last year throughout the season. Each player had specific tasks to focus on, such as walking straight and staying down. The ladies proved they were “here to compete” at all of their tournaments! Despite being the underdogs, the boys came out on top in a handful of their matches! Tough lane conditions and advanced oil patterns helped the players learn how to better adjust to varying situations.
The teams will lose five seniors this year, and the remaining members and coaches wish them the best! Four of the five seniors were named WRC Scholar Athletes, and three of them were 4 year letter winners! Head Coach, Bill Drsek, said, “I am proud of all of our bowlers for staying focused and trying their hardest.” Congratulations to the Bomber Bowlers on their accomplishments!
Season highlights for the boys included:
- 7th place at the WRC Conference Tournament
- Continuous high scoring by Seniors Zach Eyler and Ryan Conover
- Senior Zach Eyler made the All Conference Team
- Won 4 matches
Season highlights for the girls included:
- Finished 2nd as a team in the conference
- 4th place at the Knights Classic
- 4th place in the Black and Gold Sectional Warm-Up
- 8th place at the G-Men Classic
- Senior Annie Rizzo placed 8th individually at the Knights Classic
- Freshman Alex Drsek made the All Tournament Team at the Black and Gold Sectional Warm-Up
- 2nd place at the WRC Conference Tournament
- 4th place at Sectionals
- Advancement to Districts
- Senior Annie Rizzo, Junior Emily Thomas, and Freshman Alex Drsek made the All Conference Team
- Ended with a 9-3 record
Sectional results are as follows:
For the boys, Zach Eyler finished 28th individually, Andrew Weisberg 38th, Nick Krenisky 43rd, Ryan Conover 46th, and Ethan Krause 57th.
For the girls, Annie Rizzo finished 11th individually, Alex Drsek 12th, Emily Thomas 18th, Samantha Fromet 25th, Betsy Ortner 50th, and Ally Schroeder 82nd.